|Part Number :- MMP-087
Part Description :- Audi (ISO) Rear Amplifed Parrot Music Mute Kit
(MMx-xxx) Installation instructions for rear amplified harness with Music-Mute box and fly lead Ignition
1. Ensure the radio unit is switched off and remove the ignition key.
2. Remove the radio unit using the appropriate tools.
3. Remove the audio system connector from the radio unit and connect this into the housing on the Elan cable.
4. Connect the Audio system connector on the Elan cable into the housing on the back of the radio unit.
5. Plug the 20 pin black Molex of the MVH-XXX into music mute box and configure any mute or power connections on the harness
6. Plug the 8 pin male white molex of the MAH-XXX into the 8 pin female of the MVH-XXX
7. Plug the 2 pin black molex of the MAH-XXX into the fly lead coming from the music mute
8. Plug the 8 pin black molex of the MAH-XXX into the music mute box and connect to your chosen kit
9. Connect the blue ignition fly lead to a suitable 12v switched supply e.g. Cigar lighter , ignition barrel or manufactures designated power pick up point
10. (Follow the set up instructions of the music mute)
The Music mute product needs to be setup because you have two sets of volume controls the one on the car-kit and the presets that are located on the Music-Mute box
Setup the product in the following way once the kit is connected and powered on:
1. Switch on the vehicle radio and adjust the volume so that you can hear the Radio audio.
2. Adjust the volume level on the Hands-free/Music kit to the middle position.
3. Adjust the two volume level presets on the Music-Mute box to the middle positions using the correct size screwdriver (SX – Left Speakers / DX – Right Speakers)
4. Make a test call and check the audio level of the Phone call using the volume control on the Hands-free/Music Kit to ensure the audio level is acceptable for the customer to control.
5. If the phone audio level is acceptable leave the settings in this position and rebuild the vehicle, alternatively go to Step 6.
6. If the Phone audio level is to Quiet/Loud then you can adjust the Music-Mute presets equally on the left and right (Clockwise to Lower the level / Anti-Clockwise to Raise the level)
The customer will only be able to adjust the volume by the Hands-free/Music kit volume control once the equipment is installed so you have to be careful when checking the audio level at (Step 4) to ensure there is enough volume to allow for road noise, if the audio level on the Music-Mute box is set to high you might find there is a popping noise whilst sending and ending a call or that the customer experiences acoustic feedback on the microphone.
| Care should always be taken by the installer when installing this product. Elan Europe is not liable for any damage caused to a vehicle by incorrect installation, use, modifications or repair by any 3rd party or yourself.
Tel: 01905 720199 email: email@example.com web: www.elan-eu.com